While installing a brand new royal blue outfield fence covering at Whelan Field, members of the Levittown North Baseball Association discovered a long since painted over and bent plaque hanging on the fence.
Apparently it was the dedication plaque originally hung for Thomas F. Whelan from 1958. The league restored the plaque, and in a rededication ceremony on May 31, hung it on the concession stand at the field.
It looks beautiful in gloss black, with a hammered gold finish. Shown are Board President Mike Pappas and his son, Michael, Jr.